Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Moving Day!!

It's moving day. It doesn't seem real yet. I have so many thoughts racing through my mind-I feel like i'm in some sort of daze-like everything for the past two weeks has been one big blur (not just because of moving-it's a little bit of everything). As a general rule, I don't like change. There is something about it that absolutely scares me. I like staying in my comfort zone-around people and places I am familiar with. Maybe it's fear of failure...rejection...the uncertainty of it all. I mean, that's normal right?
     For some reason, though, I have an overwhelming peace about this whole thing. It's unusual really. I am normally a nervous wreck with even the smallest change. I think maybe that that peace is conformation that this is the right decision. I feel like this is going to be a GREAT growing experience.
     Some of you are probably like 'It's just a move-no big!' For me though, it is so much more than that. It's a new beginning. It's a chance to forgive and let go of things I have been holding onto for so many years. It's a chance to maybe gain some closure. It's a new adventure! and like I said before, it's a chance for me to grow as a woman of God. I am so anxious to see what God has in store for me as I begin this journey, this new chapter in my life!


Well, it's about that time. Next time I talk to you I will be an official resident of VA :)

Jer 29:11 <3

2 comments:

  1. I know this comment is probably going to "make you uncomfortable" but I want to say it anyway. I'm proud of you. Being someone who is normally scared to do anything risky, this is a big leap of faith for you. For most people moving isn't THAT big of a deal but I know that it is for you and I'm glad that you're going out of your comfort zone. Even if this move doesn't turn out exactly like you plan, you will grow and learn so much from it, that in the end, it will be worth it.

    I can't wait to have a little piece of home here with me (and I say "little" on purpose because you're so freaking skinny haha). I love you so much and I can't wait to have sister dates on the reg. Please drive safely and know that I'm here waiting for you zizzy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. TIERN! You blogged! But what's more exciting is that I'll get to greet you and welcome you home so soon!
    Oh the things that will change....good changes definitely. :)
    I totally understand your fear of failure and trying to find comfort outside of our box - I feel the same. But recently, very recently, I've learned that change IS good. I never thought I would admit to that, but it's true. So many things this year have changed in my life, and I'm so grateful to GOD they did. And the fact that my favorite child-hood friend is going to re-enter my life makes me giddy with joy. I love you tiern, I love seeing your raw feelings in this blog, and I love the fact that I can squeeze soon!

    ReplyDelete